Internet Explorer 11 is going to the phased out.
Here is the instruction on how to use the Edge Browser with the IE mode.
- Run the latest Windows Update; The Edge Browser version should be up to date.
The minimal version is 91.0.86.
- Make sure the Edge Browser is not restricted by the business or the organization.
Otherwise, some functions will not be available.
Please download the PDF and see more detailed information.
- Open the Edge Browser, go to the …
- Go to Settings
- Find out the Default Browser from the left Panel.
- Turn on Both sections to Always.
- Restart the Edge Browser &
Re-enter the DVR IP Address.
5. Restart Edge Browser after apply changes
6. Enable IE Mode. Open the Edge Browser, go to the menu, then
select Reload in Internet Explorer mode.
7. Now, you should see the IE mode logo. (Yellow Circle)
8. If you want to open this page in Internet Explorer mode next time, please turn on the switch.
9. Click Done to exit the prompt.
NOTICE: With the Protected Mode: ON. You probably are not able to save any video files.
See how to disable this, please check the Adjust Protect Mode section.
10. Now, you should be able to download the plugin, install and Allow the plug-in like before.
How to Change Protect Mode: OFF
(Add the Site Address to the Trust Site List)
- Open the Control Panel first. Click the Search icon.
- Enter the “Control” keyword
- Click Control Panel
- After the panel is open, change View by: Large Icons
- Find and click Internet Options
Add the Address to the Trusted sites list.
- After the Interion Options panel is open.
click the Security tab (2nd tab) on the top.
- Select Trusted sites
- Select the Sites button, the Trusted site's panel will open.
- Uncheck Require https:
- Enter the DVR IP Address
- Click Add
- Click Close
- Now, Open the Edge Browser and enter the IP Address.
You can click the IE Mode icon to check the protected mode status
Troubleshoot / ByPass
What happens if the IE mode is no matter how not working for you?
As far as I know, some IP camera is auto-detect with the Internet Explorer while you try to login.
Even you switch to the IE mode but still not taking effect.
It will always display this message.
In this case, you need to use the older browser. For example. Maxthon 5 (Link). The Maxthon 5 Supports Dual Core Engine, IE and Trident. Click Switch Core and Restart the Maxthon. That should do it. Or you can follow Step 1,2,3,4 to turn on the IE symbol from the address bar. That should do it.
If you don't like to use it this way, we always recommend using the Client software NVMSv3 to view the camera. For all models before 2020, please use this way to bypass it. The manufacture defines the AS-IS term for all earlier models.