Users may reset their recorder's password in a variety of ways. This guide covers how you may reset the password on the recorder itself.
1. You must use the secured code that corresponds with the system date on your recorder. If you do not have the secured codes, click here.
2. You must be physically present with the recorder.
3. You must have a monitor connected to your recorder.
4. You must have a mouse connected to your router.
5. You must be at the logon screen. If you have not done so yet, learn more here.
Accessing the Secured Code Screen
Step 1. Left click twice with your mouse on the bottom left corner of the login screen as indicated below.
Step 2. You should now see the secured code screen.
Step 3. Take note of the system date. You must use the secured code that corresponds with that system date.
The format of the follow is as follows:
Step 4. Type the secured code that corresponds with the system date on your recorder as indicated on the picture below.
Note: Do not use new, old, and wh codes together. Use only one code at a time.
Step 5. If successfully, it will either request that you create a new password or revert your password to "12345"